Update #1. The Rain Concert was definitely a good time. It was in the old Olympic Park, which was very cool. I ate some delicious fried food. I sat next to a Korean girl who knew and sang the entire concert. He took his shirt off. I bought a glowstick. He sang "Rainism". There were some very weird, distinctly modern Asian things going on-- those of you who have been to Asia or watch anime know what I'm talking about. It was fun, and certainly the Korean experience for which I had been hoping.
Update #2. Autumn in Seoul is DIVINE. For more days in a row than I can count it has been clear, sunny, breezy, and 60-70 degrees. Even in the big city, the air still has that smell... old leaves. At night, it's finally time to bust out the hoodies (my favorite item of clothing in the world). I can't wait until the leaves start to change and the mountains outside my window are covered in color. I'll post some pictures!
Update #3. I have a new favorite place: the Seoul Arts Center. I went there yesterday to purchase tickets for one of the New York Philharmonic Concerts next week (they were all sold out! Sad. I did purchase a ticket for a Choral Festival next Thursday, though.). First of all, the neighborhood made me want to do a little dance: shops filled with instruments, cafes that also sell musical scores and classical cds, and restaurants with names like "La Callas". Then there is the Art Center itself. There is an Opera theater and several recital halls, a concert hall, three museums, art galleries and instillations, a gelateria, a wine shop... YES. Any and all visitors to Seoul will be dragged here, I assure you.




1 comments:
yay!
Post a Comment